Director, Division of Clinical Research
Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and the Mass General Research Institute are recruiting a new Director for the Division of Clinical Research (DCR). In this leadership role, the new Director will set and carry out the vision for the support of clinical research at MGH. The principle responsibilities of this position include:
- To develop and sustain a compelling vision for how to address the future needs of human investigation at the MGH;
- To implement that vision in collaboration with the DCR Director of Operations and DCR Faculty;
- To modify this vision and programs over time in response to the ever-changing environment and opportunities of our hospital.
- The DCR Director is responsible for co-chairing the Clinical Research Council alongside the SVP for Research.
- The DCR Director will chair the Committee on Clinical Research, comprising representatives from all departments with clinical research programs.
- The DCR Director will chair an Executive Committee on Clinical Research that will consist of the Center and Unit Directors of the DCR, the Directors of the Translational and Clinical Research Centers, the SVP for Research and two representatives from the Executive Committee on Research (ECOR) leadership.
- The DCR Director will work closely with the Directors of the Translational Research Center and the Clinical Research Center to align resources and offerings to support the clinical research mission.
- The DCR Director will be an ex-officio member of ECOR, a member of ECOR’s executive staff, a member of the Research Institute Steering Committee, and an ex-officio member of Chief’s council.
- This position will have a reporting structure similar to that of the Thematic Center Directors, reporting to the SVP for Research and ECOR chair.
- To increase the quantity and quality of all forms of clinical research at the MGH (including translation, clinical trials, epidemiology, safety and quality outcomes and population studies)
- To assist the Department Chiefs and Center Directors in recruiting the best and brightest physician scientists and basic investigators to careers in clinical research
- To provide an institutional infrastructure and milieu to facilitate their retention.
The successful candidate will have: an MGH appointment; a compelling strategic vision for the MGH’s translational research future and an operational plan; a track record of a national presence and experience with NIH and industry-sponsored clinical research is preferred; experience running a robust clinical research program; and a track record of mentorship. Long-term clinical research experience preferred. Leadership and team management expertise required. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will have qualifications consistent with the rank of Associate Professor or Professor at Harvard Medical School and devote up to 50% time to the position.
The Division of Clinical Research (DCR) of the Mass General Research Institute works to promote science at the clinical—research interface. The division sponsors a total of 10 centers and 14 units, each of which has a specific mission to assist investigators conducting clinical research. Our mission is to increase the quality, quantity, and efficiency of translating basic science advances into improved care for our patients. Our researchers and clinicians partner with academia, industry, governments, foundations, and philanthropists to prevent and treat disease, and improve the lives of our patients. For further information about the DCR centers/units, consultations and education/training opportunities, visit DCR website.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a C.V. and cover letter to: Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MScChief, Neurology Service MGHDCRDirectorSearch@partners.org